World Thrombosis Day (WTD) a one day event is recognized around the world on October 13.
The event is dedicated to focusing attention on the often overlooked and misunderstood disease burden caused by thrombosis globally… but this is not a one-time observance. In fact Minnesota Vein Center fully supports WTD and Dr. Pal provides in-office patient education sessions to discuss the health dangers of potential blood clots in the legs.
WTD is an annual observational day which energizes a collective drive to increase awareness and action through educational activities for the public and for health professionals throughout the year, and year to year.
At the heart of WTD are dozens of thrombosis and hemostasis societies, patient advocacy groups, medical/scientific organizations and other interested parties from around the world who seek to:
- Increase the awareness about the prevalence and risks from thrombosis
- Reduce the number of undiagnosed cases
- Increase the implementation of evidence-based prevention
- Encourage health care systems to implement strategies to ensure “best practices” for prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- Advocate for adequate resources for these efforts and increased support for research to reduce the disease burden from thrombosis
- And ultimately save lives
To find out more about World Thrombosis Day, visit their website.